Friday, May 17, 2013

The Great Gatsby Review

Hello blog friends!!

So last week I went to see The Great Gatsby with my cousin Elizabeth. And let me just start off by saying OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

I have never read the book so I didn't really have many expetations for the movie. Although I do plan on purchasing it now and reading it this summer. But Elizabeth read the book and asked me to go with her so I did.

Ok, review time!

I first want to say that the soundtrack was absolutely wonderful! It was cool how they used modern songs but put of a retro twist on them. I have Beyonce feat. Andre 3000's cover of Back to Black- originally done by Amy Winehouse- on repeat for the past week. Also another one of my favorite artist has a song on the soundtrack as well, Lana Del Rey. I just love her voice and her style just really fit in well with movie and with the soundtrack as a whole.

Now onto the movie. As I said before I have never read the book, or even heard about the plot line for that matter, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into. As far as plot goes it is a twist on a typical dilemma of love. Gatsby once loved Daisy but through a series of unfortunate timing issues they spend 5 years apart and Daisy marries a wealthy man. Now 5 years fast forward Daisy's cousin moves into the house next to Gatsby and Gatsby asks for his help to win Daisy's heart back. Now Daisy and Gatsby partake in an affair when Gatsby asks Daisy to choose him over her husband. Daisy is confused and does not know what she wants. I don't want to ruin the ending for you but it is very shocking! 

I would highly recommend for everyone to see this even if you haven't read the book! It is different than any other love story that has been done before with a soundtrack to die for. It is a very long movie- somewhat over 2 hours- but you will never be bored through out the movie or wishing that it would go faster. Honestly I am going to see it again (late mother's day gift, final exams made me put my plans on hold) and I will be counting down the days until the DVD comes out!

- Dana C.

No comments:

Post a Comment